We believe our community should be truly open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, or religion.
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behaviour, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behaviour.
We invite all sponsors, speakers, attendees, media, exhibitors and other participants to help us realise a safe and positive experience for everyone.
All determinations of appropriate or inappropriate behaviour are in Strut Digital’s sole discretion and the decision(s) of the Strut Digital representatives on-site will be final.
Expected behaviour includes, but is not limited to:
- Be considerate and respectful
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behaviour, materials and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert conference organizers if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
- Many event venues are shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations
Unacceptable behaviour & materials include, but are not limited to:
- Any activity that is illegal within the jurisdiction of the event
- Any activity that contravenes the code of conduct of the event venue
- Unacceptable behaviours & materials include: intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning materials or conduct by any attendees of the event and related event activities
- Harassment includes: offensive comments (verbal, written, or otherwise) related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing materials, photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events (whether verbal or otherwise); inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Physical, written, verbal or other abuse, intimidation, threats, annoyance, harassment, stalking, pushing, shoving or use of any physical force whatsoever against any person, which in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous, or creates apprehension in a person, as determined by Strut Digital.
- Any boisterous, lewd or offensive behaviour or language, including but not limited to using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials or conduct, or any language, behaviour or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs.
- Possessing any illegal substance / narcotics other illegal drugs.
Consequences of unacceptable behaviour
- Unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated whether by other attendees, media, speakers, volunteers, organizers, venue staff, sponsors, or exhibitors.
- Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behaviour is expected to comply immediately.
- If a participant engages in unacceptable behaviour, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the conference without warning or refund.
What to do if you witness or are subjected to unacceptable behaviour
If you are subjected to unacceptable behaviour, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behaviour, or have any other concerns, please notify a conference organizer as soon as possible. All reports will remain completely confidential.
Event Staff will be available to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, to provide escorts, or to otherwise assist those experiencing unacceptable behaviour to feel safe for the duration of the conference. You can report unacceptable behaviour to any member of staff.
We expect all conference participants (staff, sponsors, volunteers, speakers, attendees, and other guests) to abide by this code of conduct at all conference venues and conference-related social events.